Thursday, April 26, 2007

Gotta Get Goals - The Ripple Effect Guy Tagged Me

I am a believer in setting goals. Big goals, little goals, goals that grow on trees!...you gotta have them or you are just adrift.

Steve Harper, author of The Ripple Effect and blogger extraordinaire, had been tagged by another blogger to post his goals. Then in keeping with the bloggy tradition of passing on the love, he "tagged" me to do the same.

I thought about this for a few days, and below I am going to list some of my goals. Not the BHAGs (Big Hairy Audacious Goals) or my personal goals, but rather some goals for The Some Assembly Required Blog.

Here we go.

1. To have the gumption to continue to write often. I hate it when blogs go stale, but it is not always easy to figure out what to write on a daily basis. I like blogging, it clears my head, focuses my writing efforts, helps sell my books, and I have made a lot of friends in the blogosphere...thus, I want to keep doing it for years to come.

2. I want to improve and empower the impact of my blog posts. I desire to discover how to be BOLD. I long for those who read this blog to find inspiration, to share the posts regularly and to come back day after day.

3. I want to write something profound and important, and be quoted by one of my favorite "uber-bloggers": Seth Godin, Robert Scoble, Tom Peters, Guy Kawasaki, etc...

4. I would like to have day where I get over 2000 individual visitors to this blog, which I assume will be a result of the successful execution of goals 1-3.

5. I desire all who read this blog would buy a copy of my new book, The ABC's of Networking, and share it with a friend. Writing a book is hard work, promoting a book is even more difficult. But having someone read what you wrote is amazing, so it makes it all worthwhile.

There you go. Nothing un-attainable, yet nothing easy.

What are your goals?

I will tag Mike at The Simplenomics Blog, Jason at The JibberJobber Blog, Tom at The Legal Marketing Blog, Monica at The Common Scold Blog, and Seth Godin at Seth Godin's Blog (Hey, why not?). I hope they will participate in the perpetuation of the Gotta Get Goals series.

Have A Great Day.

Thom Singer
www.thomsinger.com

1 comment:

Steve Harper said...

Great goals Thom! Please let me know how I can help you achieve them.

Ripple On!!!

Steve Harper