Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Maui Jim Sunglasses - Customer Service Win

My last blog post was about a customer service failure (Park 'N Fly at the Houston Airport)... but I do not enjoy writing about life's negatives.  It only took me a few minutes to find a great experience with customer service... from the manufacturer of my sunglasses - Maui Jim.

I have had a wonderful pair of sunglasses for just over a year.  I wear them all the time (as it never seems to rain in Austin, Texas).  They were showing their age, and one of the lenses has a small crack near the screw.  I was lamenting to a friend about how much I like them, but was not about to spend the money to replace them.  This friend, who owns several pair of Maui Jim eye-wear told me about their repair policy. 

I visited the website, filled out a form, and sent off the glasses along with ten dollars.  In less than 11 days they were back, and looked brand new. I could not believe how fantastic the glasses looked, and how great this company is to respond in such a speedy manner. A customer service policy of "make the customer happy" was very evident.

WOW.  I cannot imagine every buying sunglasses of any other brand.  They not only fixed them, they did it fast... and sent along a nice letter thanking me for being a customer.

Is that so hard people?

Have A Great Day.

thom singer

1 comment:

Harwick Family said...

Mont Blanc pens will do the same....I have had mine for 19 years.