Hosted by me (Thom Singer).
What? Yes, I agreed to be the EmCee of the new weekly event. I like comedy, and this adventure into stand up has had a positive impact on my work and life.
- Each comic have a five minute set (why 5 minutes? Because I like longer sets, three minutes just goes too fast).
- Capped at 20 comics (why capped? Because I am old and want to be in bed by midnight).
- Every week we will feature a "Profiled Comic" who gets a ten minute set (why? because I want to make it more than just an open mic, but give it a "show" feel).
- List at 8:00. Show at 8:30. The list will be reordered.
- Location - Stereotype. (510 Rio Grande St. West 6th St Area).
Open Mic Comedy AustinI began doing comedy a year ago. I am a long way from being "really good", but I have had fun and learned a lot. Plus, the local comedy scene has some amazing people doing comedy. I want to support them by trying to build a show that is more than a few comics in the audience.
Thus, I am seeking people to make their Wednesday Night Austin fun time out to include ""the Profile" open mic.
We are launching the show on July 10, 2019. I figure it will take 4-6 weeks to get the comedians and the audience to find the show. But my goal is to make this a little different and a lot of fun for everyone.
Open mic comedy - Austin has a new face..... "The Profile". Check it out.