Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Take the Stairs - Rory Vaden



Rory Vaden stopped in Austin, Texas on his "Take the Stairs Bus Tour".  As part of the launch of his new book he is traveling the country delivering his message of discipline and success to audiences near and far.

I have known Rory for several years.  We are both active members of the National Speakers Association.  He is a nice guy who has worked hard to fulfill the dream of getting a book onto the New York Times Best Seller List (Take the Stairs was #2 on the NY Times List for Hardcover Advice & Misc. Books on February 26, 2012).  I was thrilled to get to stop by his presentation at Connally High School.

My clients have heard me say a million times: "When your friends and other associates have something cool (and important) going on in their life - it is necessary to find ways to support them!!!"  If they host an event, speak at a conference, or have a book launch party you need to show up if you can.  Humans are experiential beings, and when we can share time together live and in person.... it matters.  Too often people forget that being supportive is part of being a friend.  We must celebrate the victories of others, or we risk finding ourselves alone in our own time of glory.

Sure, it would have been great to have been home for dinner with my family, but few of my friends have ever hit the New York Times Best Seller List.  Fewer still have traveled the country in a snazzy bus (no, I did not get to go inside the bus).  Team Rory was in Austin for one night and my schedule could accommodate my being present at his event.  I am glad I was there... as it was a wonderful evening.

He is a masterful speaker and the audience loved his talk.  I had already read his book, but I was able to get him to sign my copy (after the long line of adoring fans were done with him!).

Looking for a book to read?  Take the Stairs!

Have A Great Day.

thom singer




1 comment:

Harwick Family said...

Enjoyed seeing Rory over at Charfens. Loved his Progress vs Perfection comment.