Saturday, November 26, 2011

Ten Days of Thanksgiving (Day 3)

Thanksgiving and the focus we give to appreciation should be more than one day. Really, it should be everyday.

I am going to post about things I am thankful for each day for ten days to keep the feelings of gratitude going.

Day Three.

Author Jim Rohn had a great saying:
 "You are the sum of the five people you spend the most time with in your life".  
Think about that for a minute..... you are, in regards to your character.... and your soul.... the sum of the five people you spend the most time with in your life.  Wow.  If that is true, I am a very lucky guy, as my friends are amazing people.

I am fortunate that I have had always had associations with great people.  I am thankful for the people I call my friends.  They have always been there for me in good times and in bad times.  They have provided shoulders to lean on and have shared celebrations.  I understand and accept their quirks....and they do the same for me.

While over the course of a lifetime people will come and go, I have ongoing relationships with people I have known in all stages of my life journey.  (I only have one close friend with whom I had a bad ending and I regret that situation).  I appreciate the long-term and mutually beneficial connections and I openly honor the love of these people who are my friends.

Have A Great Day.

thom singer

No comments: