Friday, November 25, 2011

Ten Days of Thanksgiving (Day 2)


Thanksgiving and the focus we give to appreciation should be more than one day. Really, it should be everyday.

I am going to post about things I am thankful for each day for ten days to keep the feelings of gratitude going.

Day Two.

I have spent the last three years earning my living as a professional speaker, trainer, and consultant. While working as a "solo-entrepreneur" is difficult (and sometimes lonely), it has been a highlight of my eclectic and interesting career path.

I am grateful for the friends who have supported my efforts and referred me into their companies, law firms, and industry associations as a resource for training and speaker. This is a word-of-mouth business, and this experience has taught me more about the power of business relationships than I ever could have imagined. Those who took the time, effort and risk to refer me as a speaker or sales trainer into an organization are the cement in the foundation of my success.

I am appreciative of the clients for whom I have had the honor to serve. I have worked with great people who have made me feel like part of the family in their internal and external events. The meetings industry is not a cookie-cutter place. Each event, conventions, users conference, seminar, luncheon, sales meeting, training session, networking gathering, and trade show is different. The goals, needs, and expectations of every planner are not the same. I have loved working with everyone of the people I have met over the past three years.

I know how fortunate I am to have addressed audiences both large and small. I delivered over 150 presentations in the past 36 months and the organizations who have hired me have forever touched my life in more ways that anyone will ever fully understand. But I understand.

Have A Great Day.

thom singer

No comments: