Thursday, February 23, 2006

Execution (Part III)

Execution is not easy.

Many people can create phenomenal business plans, and talk a good game.... but to really take action is hard work. This is why so many CEO's get fired. They do not execute on their plans.

I have seen this in law firms, accounting firms, consultancies, sales teams, big companies and small businesses.

No matter where you are on the career ladder, if you can learn to take action and make things happen, you will always have success.

You have to get past whatever it is inside you that has you stalled. I hate making cold calls, but since most of my career has been in sales....it is necessary. I know I have to make a certain number of calls daily, and to make myself do them I put a pile of pennies on the left side of my desk. The number of pennies matches the number of calls I have to make. Every time I make a call and at leave a voice mail I slide one penny to the right. When I set an appointment, I slide two pennies. I can't leave for the day until all the money is over to the right side of my desk.

I know, it is a silly trick. But it works. Find something that will work for you and take action. EXECUTE !!!

Have A Great Day.

Thom Singer
www.thomsinger.com
thom@thomsinger.com

No comments: