Thursday, November 30, 2006

You Never Know Who You Will Meet

I attended an event called The Toast of the Town this week, hosted by The Young Men's Business League, The Young Women's Alliance, Austin Under Forty, and Catalyst 8 (four charitable organizations that cater to the under 40 crowd, which I have now departed). It was quite the shin-dig and there were some good networking opportunities. I met many cool new folks that I did not know before, and got to catch up with old friends.

The highlight of the conversations was when I met Jonathon Morgan and Amanda Butterfield, who are the co-artistic directors of Yellow Tape Construction Company. This is a very hip performing arts group that is staging some very interesting plays in the Austin area.

From their website:
Yellow Tape Construction Co. is here to further the next generation of a truly great, wholly original, definitively American performance aesthetic. At the intersection of dance, theatre, music and performance art, we are creating a new community of artists and patrons -- laying a foundation of strength and support through innovative arts programming and fearless new work.

They were very fun and cool, and I look forward to learning more about the plays they produce. They apparently bring a digital camera with them everywhere and have a photo blog of the people they meet along their way. I guess I made the cut, as here is my picture with Jonathon from their blog!

Who knows, maybe some avant garde performance art based on networking could be in the future! Some Assembly Required, The Musical. Hey, a kid can dream!!!

Have A Great Day.

thom

No comments: