The below was created sometime ago by Vincent Wright. I like it.
A little background: Vincent Wright created something called the MLPF NETWORKING Awards. It was for what is considered excellence in networking and consisted of the following:
"Perfect 10 N.E.T.W.O.R.K.I.N.G. Questions"
1. Network: Does the person have or intend to have a vibrantly alive network?
2. Energy: Does the person let her energy shine through her creativity & knowledge?
3. Thoughtfulness: Is the person THOUGHTFUL in sharing with others?
4. Work: Does the person do GOOD QUALITY WORK?
5. Organization: Is the person organized enough to minimize wasting other networkers' time?
6. Recruiting: Can the person recruit a wide variety of people to hold her network together?
7. Knowledge: Does the person have current & relevant knowledge of the networking field?
8. Interdependence: Does the person work well independently as well as with others?
9. Nurturance: Does the person add value & encouragement to the people in her network?
10. Givers Gain: Does the person use giving as a way of networking for business life?
How about you, could you qualify? Everyone should be able to achieve all ten of these criteria if they care about having a network of professional contacts that can and will refer business.
Test your networking skills by taking the Networking Quotient Quiz. This is an online assessment tool with thirty questions, which will take only eight minutes. The questions will make you think about choices you make when networking, and you can compare the results to those of your peers. www.networkingquotient.com.
Have A Great Day.
***PS - The Holidays are almost here and finding the right gift for business associates is always difficult. How about giving copies of my book, "Some Assembly Required: How to Make, Grow and Keep Your Business Relationships" (New Year Publishing, 2005).