Friday, April 19, 2013

Cool Things My Friends Do - George Hillhouse is CEO of Mug Muscles

Each Friday on this blog I enjoy highlighting some of the cool things my friends do in their work and professional lives.

I have known George Hillhouse for over a decade, although I had not seen him in a long time.  He is an investor and business advisor who has worked with a variety of start-ups, and I was curious when we sat down for coffee this week to learn about his latest venture.

George is currently the CEO of Mug Muscles LLC, and they are in the middle of a successful Kickstarter campaign whose slogan is:  
"Finally, a way to enjoy a frosty brew while getting an intense workout! Work on your six pack while working on your six pack!"
As you can see from the photo, this ridiculous idea is the combination of a beer mug that has one of those hand grip exercisers.  Novelty item... yep... but everyone wants one (which means they will sell a lot of these!)

When I looked at the prototype I knew this is one of those things where everyone says "Dang it... why didn't I think of that!!!".  My guess is that it is going to sell like Pet Rock in the 1970s (come on, admit it... if you were born in 1968 or earlier you had a Pet Rock! - or you wish you had once and just picked up stones off the dirt).

It took me all of two seconds to realize that George was going to be this week's feature on the "Cool Things My Friends Do" blog post.

I even joined the Kickstarter campaign and gave him some money to be one of the pre-ordering fans.  Come on, you know you want to also!!!

Have A Great Day.

thom singer

No comments: