Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Dead Birds Stop Business


Earlier this week dozens of dead birds appeared on the streets of downtown Austin overnight. The police and fire department shut down the main corridor of Congress Avenue, causing hundreds of businesses to close for the morning.

Bad for the birds, but the morning off for thousands of people. I drove home and took my kids to breakfast, since it was their last day off school for the holiday break.

Downtown remained closed until noon while the authorities investigated what what caused 63 birds to drop dead.

It was interesting to watch on the news, as it did not seem to be a big deal (firemen where not wearing respirators or other has-mat gear), but more of a precaution. I am all for precautions, so I am not complaining.

Four days later they still do not know the cause of the incident. Everyone has a theory, and it has made interesting conversation. It even made CNN. Feel free to chime in with your thoughts about the birds.

I got the above photo by email (I don't know the source, or I would site it)....but it made me laugh.

Have A Great Day.

thom
www.thomsinger.com



Working on your 2007 Business Plan? Don't forget the importance of networking in your ultimate success. Have you read my book yet? Now is a great time to read "Some Assembly Required: How to Make, Grow and Keep Your Business Relationships". It just might be the inspiration you create a spark.

Click Here to visit Amazon.com.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Hi Thom

I was blogging about this on Monday and I think that either someone poisoned the birds or it has something to do with the UFO that was spotted over O'Hare airport a couple of weeks ago. OK maybe space aliens didn't kill the birds. http://pufatufniks.blogspot.com/2007/01/dead-birds-in-downtown-austin.html

Liz