Tuesday, July 09, 2019

Open Mic Comedy Austin - "The Profile" - WEDNESDAYS

Open Mic Comedy - Austin, TX:  Roughcut Comedy is launching a new open mic in on Wednesday Night's in Austin, Texas.

Hosted by me (Thom Singer).  

What?  Yes, I agreed to be the EmCee of the new weekly event.  I like comedy, and this adventure into stand up has had a positive impact on my work and life. 


  • Each comic have a five minute set (why 5 minutes? Because I like longer sets, three minutes just goes too fast).  


  • Capped at 20 comics (why capped? Because I am old and want to be in bed by midnight).  
  • Every week we will feature a "Profiled Comic" who gets a ten minute set (why? because I want to make it more than just an open mic, but give it a "show" feel).  
  • List at 8:00.  Show at 8:30.  The list will be reordered.  
  • Location - Stereotype. (510 Rio Grande St.  West 6th St Area).


Open Mic Comedy Austin

I began doing comedy a year ago. I am a long way from being "really good", but I have had fun and learned a lot. Plus, the local comedy scene has some amazing people doing comedy.  I want to support them by trying to build a show that is more than a few comics in the audience. 

Thus, I am seeking people to make their Wednesday Night Austin fun time out to include ""the Profile" open mic.  

We are launching the show on July 10, 2019.  I figure it will take 4-6 weeks to get the comedians and the audience to find the show.  But my goal is to make this a little different and a lot of fun for everyone. 

Open mic comedy - Austin has a new face..... "The Profile".  Check it out. 








No comments: