Wednesday, July 08, 2015

Being a Hybrid Event Host

The National Speakers Association Annual Convention, "Influence 2015", is July 18-22, 2015 in Washington DC.  This year the event will be a Hybrid Meeting, meaning those who cannot make the trip to our nation's capital can view the whole conference remotely through an online simulcast.

I have the honor of being one of the co-hosts / master of ceremonies for the online version of the conference, along with the amazing Eliz Greene.  Last year Eliz hosted the broadcast of the convention, and did an awesome job in sharing information with the remote audience, interviewing the speakers and other VIPs, and keeping the online experience engaging.  I am excited to join her this year as a Hybrid Event Emcee and to work with the team at Digitell, who is producing the simulcast.

(Check out this article on the Digitell website about Eliz).

Move over Matt Lauer and Savannah Guthrie - there is a new anchor team in town that will rock the NSA Convention.

If you are a speaker, or someone interested in the speaking business, and will not be in Washington DC for the event, I encourage you to sign up for the LiveStream (only $199 for more than 20 hours of content, including many of the main stage keynotes, selected breakouts, and compelling interviews -- worth every penny, as there will be awesome learning opportunities).

The excitement level for me is high. As a speaker, professional master of ceremonies and podcast host I get to combine all my talents into this role of being the Hybrid Event EmCee.  

This is a role I am adding to my "Conference Catalyst" program, as many more of my clients are simulcasting their conferences.  The key is get the remote audience engaged, as too often people viewing a conference at home feel like outsiders to the live event.  The key job for Eliz and myself is to make this experience special for those watching on their digital devices.  And we will.

*** Side note (with a smile) -- This takes me back to my high school days when I was an anchor man on the Arcadia High School Apache News my senior year (our twice a week homeroom television news program).  Who knew that was just training me for the internet world of the future and conference simulcasts!!!

Have A Great Day

thom singer

No comments: