Saturday, December 21, 2013

Cool Things My Friends Do - Christine Stock Helps Teens Find The Right Books To Read

Each Friday on this blog I enjoy highlighting some of the cool things my friends do in their personal and professional lives.


My friend Christine Stock has begun blogging for the Huffington Post Canada (Check out her first two posts:  "Does Proxy Argue for the Affluenza Defense" and  "Getting Your Teen To Read For Pleasure"). 

Christine is married to one of my college fraternity brothers and they live in Toronto (Will is Canadian).  I have enjoyed visiting with them this year when I had the chance to speak at business conferences in Canada.  

She is a dedicated educator who has a passion for getting teens to read more books.  In her high school years she discovered the joy of reading, and went on to get her bachelors and masters degrees in English.  For the past decade she has been teaching English and Creative Writing in Toronto, Canada.

She also has started her own blog and website where she is reviewing books for teens and sharing advice for students, parents and teachers.  Check out Great Reads for Teens for more information.  She already has some great stuff online, and I am sure there is a lot more to follow. 

Have A Great Day

thom singer


No comments: