Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Enjoying What You Do For A Living


I am fortunate that I really enjoy what I do for a living.  I take pride in being a professional speaker and corporate trainer.  I am involved with the National Speakers Association, and take an active role in the meetings industry when possible.

Yesterday I delivered my 25th presentation of 2012 (over 300 in my career).  While some people do not enjoy talking to groups, I am always excited that I have created a career as a speaker.  When it all comes together I can have transformational impact on an audience and it is always a pleasure to work with a variety of meeting professionals.

Being part of the team that makes a meeting successful is very rewarding.  While there are dozens (sometimes hundreds) of people who contribute to pulling off the details of an event, the speaker has the ability to set the tone for the whole conference.  It is not a responsibility I take lightly!

My goal is 50 talks each year, in addition to training, consulting and coaching.  Several years ago a mentor told me that 50 is a big number to work toward, but was realistic if I was serious about the industry.  This will be the forth year I have exceeded this goal.  Best of all.... I am having fun.

When you enjoy your job, it is never "work".  There is something energizing about knowing you are in the right profession and that you make a contribution.

How about you.... do you enjoy what you do for a living?

Have A Great Day.

thom singer
www.ConferenceCatalyst.com

1 comment:

John Hunter said...

I agree with you. My father was a professor and consultant and loved it. I just figured that is what being an adult was like. It hasn't been quite that way. But I have largely enjoyed what I have done. I now am doing some consulting, web work and writing and I love it.