Sunday, November 09, 2008

Employee Team Building is a ZIP!!


On Saturday vcfo took employees and their families out for a little fun in place of our November staff meeting. We all spent the day at Cypress Valley Canopy Tours in Spicewood, Texas. It sounded like it would be a fun event, but it turned out to be an AMAZING afternoon for my co-workers and our kids.

My eleven-year-old joined me for the day of zipping though the trees. I thought she might be scared, but instead with each leg of the two hour tree-top tour she would scream "That was AWESOME!" The other kids (and the grown ups) all had the same response.

I am a big fan of unique events. Human beings are experiential creatures who are forever influenced by the activities they share with others. Find an occasional way to shake up the routine with something different (and fun) and you will reap the rewards. The replacement of a staff meeting with a happy hour, bowling, movie day, go cart racing or a zip line tour through the trees in the Texas Hill Country is something that has more impact on your team than you can imagine. Even in a tight economy, you still need to think of your people!

We were broken up into groups of seven and two guides made it fun and kept a keen eye that we were safe as we zipped along from tree to tree.

Our group was great for me because my daughter and I were in a group some co-workers whom work in the field (thus I do not see them around the office on a regular basis), so it was fun to hang out with those whom I did not know as well. One of them had a ten year old daughter, so the kids had a great time together, too!

Have A Great Day.

thom

See the 30 second video of our team zipping along:


No comments: