Thursday, July 20, 2006

Happy Birthday, Bob

My brother, Bob Singer, turns 49-years-old today. Every reader of the Some Assembly Required Blog please take five seconds and say out loud "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BOB SINGER!"

I remember when he turned forty. I was thirty-one (Yes, he was nine when I was born). Forty seemed soooo old. Now I am forty. Heck, forty is young. I guess as he stares the big 5-0 in the face, he thinks fifty aint old either!

When I was a kid I wanted to be just like Bob. I tagged along with him every time I could. He was a great older brother.

When I was three and he was twelve I dumped a bunch of toys in his fish tank and turned up the heater (cooking all his exotic fish), and he did not kill me. I am sure he wanted to.

He'd always take me to movies and the park (although I learned later that Mom used to give him gas money for doing these things, but I still appreciate it).

He gave me my first beer when I was thirteen. (now that he has teenage kids, I am sure he is less proud of that action!).

When I was fifteen he gave me his car, as he had a company car and did not want to sell his 1966 Mustang. When I was nineteen he took it back, but I did have the coolest car imaginable in high school.

When I got married, he was my best man.

For an old guy, he is still a very cool big brother.

Happy Birthday, Bob!!! And yes, over 100 people a day around the world read my blog, so this is a HUGE INTERNATIONAL BIRTHDAY WISH.

Thus, don't expect a gift. (Plus, under Singer Family Tradition, if you live more than 50 miles apart, no birthday or other holiday gifts are to be exchanged! Hey, I cannot break a tradition!!!)

Have A Great Day.

Thom Singer
www.thomsinger.com
thom@thomsinger.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Happy Birthday, Bob Singer"

Steve Harper said...

No gifts....what's up with that?

Bob, I think Thom should change that tradition don't you? Come on little brother....You are a big time author and speaker and you are making tons of jack. Spend a little of your fortune on poor old (no pun intended Bob!) brother.

I am officially launching the BBABP movement. Buy Bob a Birthday Present.

Happy Birthdy Bob!