Saturday, October 24, 2009

"Ticket to the Limit" by Randy Cohen

Years ago I started a personal policy that if I meet someone who has written a book, I read their book. I put this into practice over 20 years ago when I first met H.R. Haldeman (yes, the White House Chief of Staff to President Nixon).

This policy served me well, as I read a lot, and I did not meet that many people who wrote books... thus fitting the occasional book of someone I encountered was easy. Authors enjoy it when people read their books, and I found it was a great way to help build relationships with people who write, by actually reading their stuff.

But now that I am an author and professional speaker I meet too many people who have written books. I still try to honor my personal policy, but it is not as easy. However, when someone I know well writes a book, I do buy it, read it, and review it.

Thus the purpose of this blog post.

My friend, Randy Cohen, recently released his first book, "Ticket to the Limit: How Passion and Performance Can Transform Your Life and Your Business Into An Amazing Adventure".

Randy has done a wonderful job of sharing his life's journey and laying out a road map for others who want to find success.

He is a high energy entrepreneur who believes in living life to the fullest. He encourages the readers to live by his "Randy's Rules of Reason"which include following your passion, living by values, cherishing family, helping others, laughing often, giving back, continuing to learn, taking risks, working hard (and playing hard), and following through.

Congratulations to Randy on a successful book. It is a good read and full of inspiration on each page.

Have A Great Day

thom

No comments: