Thursday, November 17, 2005

You Never Know

You never know what will happen when you go to a business networking event. What will you learn? Who will you meet? Or how might the stars will line up to solve a problem? If you are open to meeting people and sharing with them...... the answers to your needs will just appear in your life (this is also true in personal relationships....as I met my wife nearly 15 years ago at Gordon Biersch Brewery in San Jose, California and my life has forever been better).

Last night I had the honor to be the speaker at the Austin Business Group. This is a great and eclectic group of entrepreneurs that was founded in 2005 by Matt Pardo and Janice Daquila-Pardo. The goal of the group is to provide a useful resource for businesses of all sizes and types and encourages sharing of information, creation of connections and a win-win philosophy.

I spoke to the crowd about the importance of building a strong network of business contacts that can (and will) refer you business. While "networking" is not a new topic.... it is always a great reminder for business executives at all levels of experience.

I had fun, sold a few copies of my book and solved a minor problem that had been bugging me all day. You see.... tomorrow is "Guest Blogger Friday" and I had not found anyone to write for me. This weekly feature has been one of the best read and most talked about things I do on this blog (with the exception of yesterday's memorial to my mom, where I received over two dozen emails from people about the small post). I was bummed out that for the first Friday in months there would be no "Guest Blogger".

I mentioned this to my friend Steve Harper, who has been a guest blogger and has started his own guest blogging program at The Ripple Effect Blog. He immediately introduced me to a Carlon Haas. Carlon is a successful marketing consultant and copywriter, and has agreed to write an article for tomorrow's blog. I know it will be a fantastic post......so be sure to come back tomorrow and read what wisdom Carlon has to share.

I had a problem and had no idea that after my speech I would solve that issue. You just never know.

Have A Great Day.

Thom Singer
www.thomsinger.com
thom@thomsinger.com

No comments: