Saturday, October 08, 2011

TEDx Austin 2012 Coming February 11th to the Austin Music Hall

I am a big fan of TED.  I keep a series of new TED Talks loaded on my iPad so I can watch them when I have that rare 18 minutes of downtime.

Two years ago I attended the first TEDx Austin event.  It was well done. The scoop on the 2011 event is that it was even better (I was speaking at a conference in Atlanta that same day, and since the transporter is the one piece of Star Trek technology not yet released, I could not be at both events).  They say "third time is a charm", so my guess is that the next TEDx Austin will be spectacular!

The local organizers of TEDx Austin have announced that the date for the next extravaganza is February 11, 2012.  The time is now to apply for a ticket, as the event always sells out.  Yes, you have to be "selected" to attend.  I am not on the committee so I cannot tell you what they seek, but they strive to have a diverse audience of thinkers who represent all of Austin.

The theme is "Beyond Measure", and the event will live up to the theme.  Hop onto the TEDx Austin website and fill out your application.

Have A Great Day.

thom singer

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shhhh, don't tell people. The more who apply the harder it is to get a ticket.