Thursday, April 17, 2008

2009 Leadership Austin Applications Are Now Being Accepted

I am a member of the 2008 Leadership Austin Essentials Class. This program began in 1979 and has been going strong ever since. Applications are now being accepted for the 2009 class and if you live in Central Texas, I encourage you to explore this amazing organization. (most major cities in the United States have similar leadership programs, so if you read this blog and do not live nearby, you can look in your own community for an organization).

I have participated in a wide variety of business groups, but my experience with Leadership Austin is unparalleled. While I considered myself "well-networked" in the business community, I was amazed that from the 55 members of my class I only knew 6 before the program began.

My classmates come from government, non-profits, business, technology, banking, small business, large corporations, law firms, etc... Each person brings a unique passion for serving others, and a desire to expand their own abilities. We meet once a month, and with every interaction I am humbled by the intelligence, grace, wisdom and dedication of those in the room.

Leadership Austin
fosters a non-partisan environment where people of diverse backgrounds and experience come together to learn about civic leadership, engage in meaningful dialogue about important public issues, and collaborate to make a difference in Central Texas. Each September 55 new class members are selected to participate and explore.

If you are interested in Leadership Austin, feel free to email me directly at thom(at)thomsinger(dot)com. I will happily share my experience with the organization. I encourage everyone to apply. I applied three other times and was not selected, but that is because they get so many applications for so few spaces. It was worth the wait!

Click here for the application and more information.

Have A Great Day.

thom
www.thomsinger.com

No comments: