Jason Alba at the JibberJobber Blog had a post about "Five Things You Don't Know About Jason Alba". He got "tagged" to create this post by blogger Alex C. Rudloff who was "tagged" by Chris Finke, and so on and so on and so on (Rudloff and Finke actually have the whole history of tags going back ten people). And thus, here I am continuing this game:
Five Things You Don't Know About Thom Singer:
1. In first grade I was on the TV game show "Truth or Consequences" (with Bob Barker). I won a bunch of toys, but biffed the chance to win my mom a whole kitchen full of new appliances.
2. I was a frat boy in college at San Diego State,... and am proud of it! I am fortunate to still be in touch with many of my fraternity brothers two decades later, and am honored by what fine people they have become. I even served as the alumni advisor and district advisor for the Beta Theta Pi chapters at the University of Texas, Texas A&M, Houston and Baylor.
3. When I was in junior high and high school my mother would occasionally call the school and fake an appointment to get me out at lunchtime....and she and I would then go to lunch together. Twenty-two years after her death I fondly recall these special lunches.
4. In 1985 I spent seven weeks touring Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand with my 70 year-old father. On the way home we took a vacation from our vacation and spent four days in Hawaii. Dad is now 92, and I love to remember that trip.
5. In college I was a five day returning champion in the TV game show "The $25,000 Pyramid" (with Dick Clark). My second game show had a much better pay-off than the first one, including cash, a trip for two to Brazil, a stereo and a sail boat.
There you have it...my secrets are no longer secret.
Now it is my turn to "tag" five other bloggers (it is the rule of the game). In the spirit of Time Magazine.... I tag "You". Heck, if "You" get to be "Time's Person of the Year".....then "You" should have to take a few minutes on your blog and play this game (that is fair..."You" are the "Time Person of the Year"!!!, which is a huge honor that you get to share with many famous and infamous people throughout history.)
Have A Great Day.