Sunday, December 24, 2006

Praise Others Project (December 24th) - Monica Bay

Welcome back to "The Praise Others Project". Everyday this month I am highlighting an author or blogger who has inspired me. Today I would like to introduce you to Monica Bay and The Common Scold Blog.

Monica is the editor-in-chief of Law Technology News, editorial director of Law Firm Inc. and Small Firm Business, and a rabid New York Yankees fan. Her blog is a great resource for what is happening in the legal profession, but it is also a great way to learn more about the Yankees! She travels the country to see the team play, and always has delightful stories and photos from the ball parks.


I love the story of how she named her blog:


"The Common Scold is named after a cause of action that originated in Pilgrim days, when meddlesome, argumentative, opinionated women who displeased the Puritan elders were punished by a brisk dunk in the local pond. Believe it or not, the tort lasted until 1972, when State v. Palendrano, 120 N.J. Super. 336, 293 A.2d 747 (N.J.Super.L., Jul 13, 1972) pretty much put it to rest. But the thought of those feisty women, not afraid of a little cold water, has always cheered me up and inspired me."




As the father of two daughters, I want them to grow up to be feisty women! Fortunately nowadays that wont get them dunked in the water.


Monica does a great job of regularly posting to her blog and keeps it new and fresh. On the far right side, down near the bottom she has "The Penalty Box". Here she posts press releases she gets from companies who overuse the word "solutions". It makes me chuckle, but as former marketing director, I cringe to think that one of my releases could have ended up on such a list!


Check out Monica's blog....and enjoy!


Have A Great Day.

thom


If you are Monica Bay, CLICK HERE!




No comments: