Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Praise Others Project (December 6th) - AJ Jacobs

A.J. Jacobs is the author of the funniest book I have ever read. Most of the folks highlighted in "The Praise Others Project" will be business authors and bloggers, but this guy's book, The Know It All, made me laugh out loud, repetitively, on an airplane (causing me to annoy those around me the whole flight).

Life is short, we all need to laugh more often!!! Thus I need to praise my favorite humor writer. I also need to request that everyone I know read his book, as it will put you in a good mood...and I like it when my friends are happy.

Turns out that A.J. also writes a very amusing blog, although he has not updated it much since July, 2006. The writing style that I enjoyed in The Know It All comes through. On one post he mentions that he is a "self-googler" - which is exciting because it means he will find this post.

A.J. is the author I would most like to meet over dinner and drinks in some random restaurant. I imagine that he and his wife are delightful conversationalists. Sure, there are authors who are more famous or from whom I could gain important knowledge, but he just seems like the type of person that everyone would like to have as their friend.

Have A Great Day.

thom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

His book is very funny, and he was on Oprah recently. I recommend his book, too.