Friday, September 10, 2010

The Entrepreneur As A Hero

I was recently the keynote speaker at the Killeen Chamber of Commerce Annual Banquet. In preparing for the presentation I had the honor to spend time in this wonderful Central Texas community and meet many of the people who live and work in the area. Killeen is the home of Ft. Hood, and the town is heavily influenced by both the presence of the military and a vibrant small business environment.

It dawned on me that this mix of soldiers and entrepreneurs means that Killeen is a city of heroes. I believe that both soldiers and entrepreneurs are the heroes of the future. They take risks and make sacrifices that allow tomorrow to be a better place for everyone.

While we all think of soldiers in this way.... take a minute to think of entrepreneurs in the same light.

I filmed this short video blog right after my presentation. Enjoy!



Have A Great Day.

thom

No comments: