Tuesday, March 07, 2006

My Wife Thinks I Am An Idiot Too

I was in the bookstore on Sunday looking for a new book. I don't know why, since I have three or four books on deck, waiting for me to read them. I often can browse the business and non-fiction section for hours before a book leaps out at me. This day was different. The title grabbed me within seconds and I could not put it down.

Why My Wife Thinks I Am An Idiot, by Mike Greenberg.

First, I am not a big sports fan. I like to go to a game (any game) with a group of friends and be part of the experience (and drink a large beer or four from plastic cups)...but I am not the guy who follows teams and players. I rarely listen to sports radio/TV.

So with that in mind, realize that I have no idea about Mike Greenberg.

Turns out, he is a sports radio and TV personality who has a top rated morning talk show and is a fixture on ESPN.

But as a husband and father of two daughters (age 8 and 4) I was drawn to the book like a bug to a porch light. I too am sure my wife thinks I am an idiot....although she continues to seem to like having me around.

I am only 75 pages into the book (The book I wrote is only 100 pages long).....but I cannot wait until I get a chance to read more.

I am already thinking about who I will give copies to (as my friend's wives think they are idiots too).

Anyway, I know that to create such a thing like a book takes effort, and I believe when someone writes one that is this entertaining, you should say "Good Job". So I decided not to wait until I finished reading the book to praise it in my blog. I can already tell that it will be one of my favorite reads of 2006.

Have A Great Day.

Thom Singer
www.thomsinger.com
thom@thomsinger.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a title for me..do you have to have a wife?