Thursday, January 01, 2015

Cool Things My Friends Do (Week #121) - Bowie High School Band Marches in London Parade

Each week on this blog I enjoy highlighting some of the cool things my friends do in their personal and professional lives.

The James Bowie High School Band (from Austin, Texas) spent New Years Day marching in the London New Years Day Parade.  The members of the band have spent this week practicing and seeing the sights of London.


My niece, Summer, is a drummer in the band, and she and her friends have spent more than a year preparing to make this once in a lifetime trip to the UK to appear in the parade.  This is very cool for a high school senior and have the opportunity to take a trip like this with many of her closest friends. Wow.... this is one of those life events you never forget.


In the age of Facebook it has been fun to watch the whole trip as they post photos online. My brother-in-law, sister-in-law, and niece are having a great time, and while the weather is cold, the pictures of London look amazing.  The smiles on all their faces tell the whole story.  

Congratulations to the Bowie Band, and to my niece, for making Austin proud as they marched on the streets of London.  This is a perfect example of "Cool Things" and I am thrilled to have this as week #121 of "Cool Things My Friends Do".

(Links to local news coverage of the band in London.  If they post a video I will add it here later)

KXAN http://kxan.com/2014/12/31/univ-of-texas-alumni-band-performs-at-london-parade/

KVUEhttp://www.kvue.com/story/news/local/2014/12/31/bowie-high-band-marching-in-london-new-years-parade/21132115/

Have A Great Day

thom singer

**Pictures from my sister-in-law's Facebook page and from KXAN.

No comments: