Sunday, November 27, 2011

Ten Days of Thanksgiving (Day 4)


Thanksgiving and the focus we give to appreciation should be more than one day. Really, it should be everyday.

I am going to post about things I am thankful for each day for ten days to keep the feelings of gratitude going.

Day Four.

I am thankful for the opportunity to live in Austin, Texas. Twenty years ago we moved here with the intent of staying for 3 years. We did not intend to discover a growing community that would turn out to be such a wonderful place to raise a family and launch our careers.

Austinites have an unnatural love affair with their city. While most parts of Austin have changed a lot over two decades (it has nearly double the population), there is still a culture of openness, entrepreneurship, encouragement, and friendliness that has welcomed us and made this our home. The people are special and the opportunities are limitless. I wonder if I could have had the same success in a different location?

I often say we ended up here by accident, but it turned out to be just the right place. Every time I get a glance of the expanding skyline I feel a kinship to Austin and I am happy to have grown up with the community over the past twenty years.

Have A Great Day.

thom singer

No comments: