Sunday, February 22, 2009

Choose Love

"All my life I've had a choice of hate and love. I chose love, and here I am!" - A.R. Rahman.

Moments ago A.R. Rahman won two Academy Awards for best score and best original song from the movie Slumdog Millionaire. As he accepted his second award he made the above quote to the audience.

This hit home. Today I had some yokel give me the finger on the freeway. We almost had an accident as we both merged in from opposite directions. Fortunately we did not collide, but it was one of those moments where we both shared blame. He flipped me the bird. All day his selfish jerky choice made me sad. I actually said a prayer for him, as I am sure he needed it.

But Mr. Rahman made me feel better with his comment. In every moment of every day we can choose hate or we can choose love. As I look around, I am proud that most of the people whom I encounter regularly do choose love.

Have A Great Day.

thom

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

A great movie, a great quote. I'm glad I found your blog (via Larry Bodine). It's bookmarked.

Btw, love the name of the blog.

Anonymous said...

GREAT post. What a great reminder to everyone!!!