Thursday, March 06, 2008

Is Life A Lesson?

Is life one long lesson? I think so. I try to learn everyday and be a better person. Maybe some days I succeed.

I have seen the speech by Dr. Randy Pausch on the internet before. He is the Carnegie Mellon Professor who is dying of pancreatic cancer who gave a talk in August 2007 about living life that has been downloaded on the internet over one million times.

Oprah had him on her show in October and he gave that talk again. The link is here:

http://video.stumbleupon.com/#p=ithct48cqw

Take the time to watch the video. It will make your eyes tear up, but it will inspire you.

Two lines from this man are stuck in my mind:

"The brick walls that are in our ways are there for a reason, they are not there to keep us out, they are there to give us a way to show how much we want it"

and

"It is very important to know that if you don't achieve your dreams you can still get a lot by trying for them! Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want."

If this dying man can look at life with such optimism, why can't the rest of us? How we live is a choice.

Have A Great Day.

thom

2 comments:

Andy Valadez said...

Love that video. He started this with a small audience and he has been given a platform. Be faithful in the little things and God will take care of the rest!

On Mission and On Assignment,

Andy Valadez
StealthMarketer/The MarketingEvangelist
www.TheMarketingVortex.com

Anonymous said...

I believe that there is a reason why we all are in the position we are in now. For most of my life, I have always believed that there is much to learn and a lot of room to grow in every organization I come into. When I have learned all that I need to learn, a new opportunity opens itself up to me where I can grow even more.