Friday, March 07, 2008

SXSWi Kicks Off

I am very excited this year's SXSW Interactive Conference. I have the honor of speaking on Sunday at 3:00 PM on the Author's "Day Stage". I am doing a book reading from "Some Assembly Required: How to Make, Grow and Keep Your Business Relationships"....but I will focus on networking at a multi-day conference.

The keynote for the conference is on Sunday at 2 PM, featuring Mark Zuckerberg from Facebook. Thus, one might say that he is my opening act. Okay, only I would say that....but I do speak immediately after he concludes.

Additionally, Penelope Trunk (blogger Queen of the universe) follows me on the Day Stage at 3:30. Thus I am in a Zucker-Trunk sandwich.

Today I got to meet Hugh MacLeod of Gapingvoid.com fame. He is a blogger and cartoonist extraordinaire. He autographed a copy of my book, "The ABC's of Networking" with a little cartoon. How cool is that. This is the first time that someone has autographed my own book and gave it back to me!

Anywho...I am looking forward to meeting all the cool folks who are in Austin for SXSW whom I have come to know via the online social media communities.

Have A Great Day.

thom

1 comment:

David Morris said...

You should post the cartoon on the blog so we can all see it.