Thursday, May 17, 2007

Do Not Stall, Make The Call

Take action quickly when it comes to a new client opportunity. He who hesitates is lost.

Last week I visited six car dealers in search of a new vehicle. I was not sure what I was shopping for, but I knew I was in the market for a new car or truck. I spoke with sales professionals at each dealership. I was clear that I was not in a rush to buy, but that I would know the right deal when I saw it. I encouraged them to sell me a new car.

Only two people chose to call me back within a few days of my visits. One of them did have a great car at a great price, and I acted, much quicker than I had expected...and purchased a new Mazda Tribute.

Steve Borke at Mazda South (in Austin, Texas) was a great sales professional. He was not pushy, but made me feel like my business was a priority to him and his dealership. He took the time to understand what was important to me, and worked to make the deal happen. Only one other dealership even attempted to show me a car.

This week, after my purchase was complete, I did hear back from two to other sales professionals. Two others still have not contacted me again in ten days since I walked their showrooms.

When you have a prospect, you need to be active with them, or the deal could go to your competition. I know, as this has happened to me in my sales career. I did not want to be too aggressive, so I waited for the customer. In the meantime, they were closing the deal with someone else. OUCH.

Take a moment right now and look at your pipeline... now call your prospect to keep yourself in the game.

Have A Great Day.

thom
http://www.thomsinger.com/

No comments: