Thursday, November 26, 2015

Cool Things My Friends Do (Week #137) - Karen Jacobsen's New Christmas Album

Each week on this blog I enjoy highlighting some of the cool things my friends do in their personal and professional lives.




My friend Karen Jacobson has just released her first Christmas CD, Destination Christmas.  The album is full of original and classic holiday tunes, and I recommend you download these songs to get you ready for the season.

Many of you know Karen's voice from your GPS and Siri.  Yep, she is The GPS Girl.  I have known her for a few years through the National Speakers Association, but had no idea she was such a talented singer / performer.  It is common that we know people, but never really know all their talents.

Wait, you are stuck on my mention that Karen is the voice of your GPS and Siri? Yes, she gives directions in over 400 million GPS and smart phones around the world..  (before meeting her I had never thought about the fact that someone had to record all those words that Siri says).  She has a great voice for telling you where to turn your car, and she can sing!!!  


Karen Jacobsen is a speaker for organizations that want to both entertain and inspire their people to perform in a world class fashion, and "Recalculate" when things do not go as planned (I find it clever that the title of one of her most popular keynotes is "Recalculating").

When I saw that she had released a new Christmas CD I knew I had to share this on a "Cool Things My Friends Do" post as week #137.  I am also going to ask her to be a guest on the "Cool Things Entrepreneurs Do" podcast in the next few weeks so she can share her story with my podcast audience.

Have A Great Day

thom singer


No comments: