Friday, December 14, 2012

Cool Things My Friends Do: Ooh La Bra! - Lisa Angelos McKenzie

Each Friday on this blog I enjoy highlighting some of the cool things my friends do in their work and personal lives. 

In September 2011 I wrote on this blog about my friend Lisa Angelos McKenzie, the founder of Ooh La Bra!  Lisa has created a niche business creating decorative bra straps and headbands.  She launched the company in the middle of the recession and now her business is busting out (sorry, I could not resist).

Her business began when she spotted a friend wearing a stylish rhinestone bra at a high school reunion.  Lisa has always had an eye for fashion (I have known her since college), and she found boutique where the friend had made her purchase and bought out the store.  She soon found that they were a great accessory, and realized that the straps were the key. Next thing you knew she had a business.

I love seeing an idea become reality, and now Lisa is working hard to expand her company.  Yes, the holidays are a busy time of they year for this "bra-strap entrepreneur".  (HINT, HINT..... if you are looking for a great gift, check out Ooh La Bra! for some great gift ideas).

When I started this blog I never dreamed that I would write about bra accessories (and now twice!), but when it comes to "Cool Things My Friends Do",.... Lisa Angelos McKenzie is a great example of someone I think is cool off the charts.

Have A Great Day

thom singer

No comments: