Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Speaker for Austin or San Antonio Meeting

Lately I have been seeing more inquiries from meeting professionals who are looking for a keynote speaker or breakout presentation for company or association meetings in my local market.

These conference organizers find me via a search for motivational and educational speakers who live in the Austin or San Antonio area or they inquire to speakers bureaus about who lives in Central Texas.  Some seek ways to save on travel expenses while others prefer to have speakers at their conference who have ties to the community and can provide a local flavor in the presentation.

In most cities local companies often prefer to hire speakers from outside their area, as there is a perception that "the definition of an expert is anyone with a boarding pass".  But national conferences being held a destination city are seeming to be looking for more local speakers.

(That being said, I do sales skills training and presentation skill training classes for many local businesses).

I speak all over the United States (and have presented in three other countries), but do enjoy the opportunity to work close to home.  It allows me to continue my mission to reach more audiences with the "Conference Catalyst" program and spread the message of "Choose People In A Social Media Crazy World" while not spending too much time away from my family.

There have also been several times when I have been contacted as an "emergency speaker" to fill in at an event where the scheduled speaker became ill or missed a flight.

Speaking in my local market is a win / win situation.

For more information, visit www.ThomSinger.com or www.ConferenceCatalyst.com

Have A Great Day

thom singer

No comments: