Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thankgiving - And My Annual Goal of Running Five Miles (YIKES)

Six years ago I was 25 pounds over weight. It was Thanksgiving Day when I decided that I would lose the weight and the following Thanksgiving I would run the "Turkey Trot" in Austin, Texas. (I think I came to this decision AFTER my second helping of Pumpkin Pie!).

I trained, dieted, worked out, focused, watched what I ate, and reached my goal of losing over 25 lbs in less than a year (I have put 7 lbs. back and my goal for now is to lose it again!). On Thanksgiving Day I showed up at the starting line to run what I thought was a 5K race. Much to my surprise, the "Turkey Trot" is a 5 MILE race (I only ran 3.5 miles, then did some walking... no need to be a fanatic!).

Alas, I survived, and each year this race is my reminder that when you set goals and work on achieving.... you can create victories!




I hope that you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Have A Great Day.

thom

1 comment:

Eric Doggett said...

Congrats on your run! I did 3 miles today.That covered the first plate of food :)