Your sales team needs more than potential. Selling is hard work, and if you company is going to grow this year the people who are responsible for new business development have to be focused. Many companies struggle year after year with grand ideas of what they hope to achieve, and then get results that are not what they desired.
If your company is wanting to do more this year, you have to get everyone focused on a series of strategic actions that will lead to increased sales. Potential is good, but potential does not equal results. The paradox of potential is that many managers think the capabilities of their people are key to moving the needle.
Even in recessions there are companies and sales professionals that excel. Plans, purpose and people are the key to growing sales, no matter what is happening in the economy.
7 Tips To Sales Success
1. Have Goals. You must know what realistic success is all about and clearly be able to identify the steps needed to reach those goals.
2. Put in the time to execute on the necessary actions. Failure is inevitable without action.
3. Understand your "WHY". If someone is not clear as to the reasons they come to work each day, they will not succeed. This is about knowing both a personal "why" and the mission of the company.
4. Know Your Value Proposition. If you are not clear on what you bring to the client, they will not believe you are the best option to their problem.
5. Network like your future depends on in, because it does. All opportunities come from people and the better job you do of connecting in your industry sector, the more sales you will make.
6. Ask for referrals. Too often people do not tap into the network they have created, and they miss out on additional sales. People want to help you, but you must let then know how they can have a real impact.
7. Help others. If you are always looking for ways to be genuinely helpful, some of the people will reward you with more business. Too often we think the self-focused people win, but in the long run the giver will succeed.
Unlock your potential and sell more than ever before.
Have A Great Day